- How to pay a hourly employee vacation time
- How to payout vacation per request of the hourly employee
- Push Web App
- Click the Payroll tab
- On the left-hand navigation bar, click Earnings/Deductions
- Under Presets, click the dropdown menu and select Vacation Payout or Vacation Payout (Termination) if the employee is leaving the company
- Under Frequency, click the drop-down menu, select One Time
- Under Date, click the drop-down menu and select the upcoming or future pay period
- Scroll to the box Employee Information: Earnings/Deductions
- Under Employee, click the drop-down menu and input the name of the employee to search or scroll to select the name of the Employee
Under Position Details, click the drop-down menu and adjust the Position if applicable
Under Optional Date, click the box and input the specific date that the employee went on vacation
We recommend creating separate Earning and Deduction entries for each day the employee went on vacation if they are banking vacation to ensure that Stat Pay is calculated correctly
- Once you select the employee, the Vacation Balance field will auto-populate with their vacation balance if available
Under Vacation Payout Details, you now have two options:
- Pay Specified: will pay out whatever amount you specify in the amount field
- Pay All: will pay out ALL of the vacation balance displayed as well as the vacation earned during the pay period the payout will apply to (we recommend using for when an employee is leaving the business)
- If you have other employees to add for the same preset, click Add Row
- Once done, click Add Earnings/Deductions to submit the vacation payout
Utilizing Optional Dates is a great way for your team to associate when an employee takes a vacation. This is also great for team members who reconcile payroll costs, and they can easily note that these earnings are associated with x time off.
If the hourly employee has requested a Vacation Payout before the next upcoming payroll, you can process an Off Run.
Please note that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permissions will be able to complete the Vacation Payout process.