- How to add Earnings and Deductions
- How to add different earnings that is separate from regular pay
- How to add a deduction to an employees pay
- Push Web App
- Click the Payroll tab
- Click Earnings/Deductions on the left-hand navigation bar
- Under the Preset dropdown menu, select the required preset
- Under the Frequency dropdown menu, select the frequency of your choosing
- For the Date, select the upcoming or future payroll run
- Select the name of the Employee and it will auto-fill the rate of pay and position, select the drop-down arrow if the employee has multiple positions
- Input the number of hours and click Calculate Amount to calculate the dollar amount, if you only want to put a dollar amount, leave the Hours section blank
- If you have other employees to add for the same preset, click Add Row
- Once complete, click Add Earnings/Deductions to submit
Once you have finished adding your Earnings and Deductions, you can now proceed with running your payroll for the specific pay period. Please note, that adding in the entries under Earnings and Deductions does not automatically run your payroll.
There are many presets enabled in your Push Account for Earnings and Deductions and this will assist you with identifying what is considered an earning or deduction to your employees pay.
- Anytime your number is positive on an Earning Preset, you are increasing their earnings.
- Anytime you put a negative sign on an Earning Preset, you are decreasing that amount from their earnings.
- Anytime your number is positive on a Deduction Preset, you are deducting that amount from their earnings.
- Anytime you put a negative sign on a Deduction Preset you are increasing their earnings.
If you do not see a current Preset that fits the type of earning or deduction, you can request a preset to be added to your company with our Support Team.
Please note, that only Super Administrators and Team Administrator with permissions to Run Payroll or Set up Earnings and Deductions by Preset will be able to add Earnings and Deductions.