- How to add Earnings and Deductions
- How to add different earnings that is separate from regular pay
- How to add a deduction to an employees pay
- Push Web App
- Click the Payroll tab
- On the left-hand navigation bar, click Earnings/Deductions
- Under Preset, click the drop-down menu and select the relevant Preset or click the Search Box and input the name of the Preset
- Under Frequency, click the drop-down menu and select either: One Time, Recurring Every Payrun/Cheque, Recurring 1st Pay Date of Month, Recurring 2nd Pay Date of Month, Recurring 3rd Pay Date of Month, or Recurring 1st and 2nd Pay Date of Month
- Under Date, click the drop-down menu and select the relevant pay period based on the cut off date
- Scroll to the box Employee Information: Earnings/Deductions
- Under Employee, click Select Employee and select the relevant employee or click the Search Box and input the name of the employee
- Under Position Details, this will auto-fill the rate of pay and position based on the selected employee
- Click the drop-down arrow if the employee has multiple positions and select the relevant one if applicable
- Input the number of Hours and click Calculate Amount to calculate the dollar amount; If you only want to put a dollar amount, leave the Hours section blank and fill in the necessary information under Amount
- If you have other employees to add for the same preset, click Add Row and repeat steps 7-9
- Once complete, click Add Earnings/Deductions
Once you have finished adding your Earnings and Deductions, you can now proceed with running your payroll for the specific pay period. Please note that adding in the entries under Earnings and Deductions does not automatically run your payroll.
There are many presets enabled in your Push Account for Earnings and Deductions, and this will assist you with identifying what is considered an earning or deduction to your employee's pay.
- Anytime your number is positive on an Earning Preset, you are increasing their earnings.
- Anytime you put a negative sign on an Earning Preset, you are decreasing that amount from their earnings.
- Anytime your number is positive on a Deduction Preset, you are deducting that amount from their earnings.
- Anytime you put a negative sign on a Deduction Preset, you are increasing their earnings.
If you do not see a current Preset that fits the type of earning or deduction, you can request a preset to be added to your company with our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permission to Run Payroll or Set up Earnings and Deductions by Preset(s) will be able to add Earnings and Deductions.