- How to mass upload Earnings and Deduction entries for payroll
- Push Web App
To Create the Earnings and Deductions Excel
- Click the Payroll tab
- Click E/D Uploader on the left hand Navigation bar
- Under Action, select Create Earnings and Deductions Excel
- Under Select Pay Run, select the date of the upcoming or future pay period
- Under Select E/D Presets, Departments, Positions, and Employees leave blank to select all or filter accordingly
- Click Submit and click Yes, do it! to download the Excel spreadsheet
- Open the Excel Spreadsheet and enter in the hours worked for each of the employees
To Upload the Earnings and Deductions Excel
- Click the Payroll tab
- Click E/D Uploader under the left hand Navigation bar
- Under Action, select Upload Earnings and Deductions Excel
- Under Upload, click the plus icon and select the appropriate file
- Click Submit and click Yes, do it! to upload the Excel spreadsheet
- Once reviewed, you will be able to Run Payroll
When entering information into the Earnings and Deductions Excel:
- Please do not change the format of the csv
- Please do not change the title of the Excel sheet
- Please only add numbers into the cells (no symbols like $).
- You may only add numbers with two decimal places (like 22.22).
- There will be a row for each position (unless you have checked off Exclude Positions).
If an employee has two positions, they will show up twice. If you are adding regular pay, based on a salary rate, please be cautious.
If you wish to auto-calculate pay based on the employee's salary rate, you can fill in the hours column, and leave the amount column empty.
Ross is a server ($10/hour) and host($11/hour). You want to pay them 8 hours of regular pay, worked as a server. In this case, you will leave their host row blank, and fill in their server row with 8 hours and leave the amount column blank.
The system will auto-calculate their pay based on the amount of hours you've entered x their rate.
Once you have completed entering in the hours worked, remember to save the file as a .CSV file or else it will not be uploaded properly into Push.
After Uploading the Earnings and Deductions Excel
Your entries will now be found in the Earnings and Deductions page. You can edit and delete your entries there, if necessary.
Please note, that if you made a mistake on an entry, you will need to delete this under Earnings and Deductions and create another Earning and Deduction spreadsheet to upload with the adjustments only. If you upload another spreadsheet for the same pay period with the exact same information that was uploaded in a previous spreadsheet, this will double up the hours and dollar amounts.
Please note that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permissions to payroll will be able to use the E/D Uploader.
Please sign in to leave a comment.