- Where can I find the most Frequently Asked Questions about Break Compliance in Push Operations?
- Push Web App
- Can I set an alarm to a specific Manager to warn them about an upcoming violation?
Yes, using the break violation alarm in the alarm settings.
- Can I track the number of violations at a company level or for a certain employee?
Yes, through reports and employee statistics.
- Does the notification for the breaks go to managers working ONLY, or does it go to everyone?
Super or Team ADMINS only - Currently the break notifications only go to Managers that have been set up with alarms, not employees. Since using a phone on shift means that the employer would need to pay for each employee's phone usage.
- If the employee waives their break and their reason is "restaurant was busy" then how does the system catch that comment and ensure there's a penalty?
REPORTS - Best practice is to review any comments made by pulling a report. The best defense in compliance is having employees write information in their own words, so make sure if your employees are unsure they simply leave a comment or talk to a manager. Our system cannot currently parse text to automatically trigger a warning, you need to do the due diligence of reading and confirming comments, that being said if there is an error you can always reverse it easily for a payout.
- Can I send other forms to the tablet?
YES - By using our onboarding, tasks and form features.
- Can a Canadian client use these features?
YES Yes, these features are available, depending on the particular company setup.
- Do you have a template waiver form we can use?
No. This is something you need to obtain from your legal team.
- Do we have to clock in/out of your tablet, or can we continue our clock in/out via our POS?
You need to use our tablet app In order to use our Break Compliance features you must use our tablet app. If you'd only like to run payroll we can accommodate by pulling the clock hours from a POS we do integrate with.
- Breaks Can an employee still take a break if they are outside of the range?
Yes, we never restrict an employee from taking a break even if they have signed the waiver.
- Can I prevent an employee from clocking in early from a break? If a manager requests staff to come back early for their break, is there an automatic penalty?
Yes, on the break setup, make sure you check "no early breakout" and "enforce violation" and this will cause the break to require a manager override if clocking in early, if the clock is early then it will trigger a violation.
- What if an employee wants a longer break 60-90 Minutes?
We recommend setting up the break duration as normal for 30 minutes (that way a violation will still occur if the break is shorter than 30 minutes). The system will not violate if the break is longer than the duration. That being said we still recommend getting the employee to leave a comment on their long break time when they clock back in to ensure it is not a forgotten clock in or "working off the clock" situation.
There is no law against an employee taking a meal break longer than 30 minutes, however, you need to be aware of your state's split shift rules. If an employee requests the break for their own convenience, then it is not a split shift.
Having a long break without proper documentation may affect your split shift rules, this is why it's important to have all your documentation in order. To learn more about split shift rules in California visit: The California Division of Labor Standards Website
- Does the break roster filter based on the scheduled breaks on the scheduler?
The Break Roster is linked to the break range settings not the break settings on the schedule.
- Are Second Meal Periods linked to whether or not the first was taken?
NO - this currently in development. See Break setup for how to set up second meal period.
- If we show the Roster on a screen in the back office so employees know when to take their break, will the login time out like the desktop app?
You need to change the settings so it doesn't log them out every hour.
- Will employees be able to see other areas of the system?
The link opens in a new tab with no navigation, but there is no "Roster only" permission best to set the screen up with a team admin with limited permissions so employees can't see other system areas.
- For the clock edits approval, what if the staff doesn't come in to approve the edits before payroll is ran?
You can always run payroll without relying on the edit. When the edit does come through it can be rectified with earnings and deductions.
- If the employee denies a clock edit change, then how does a manager review that?
In the clock entries page, there is an option to review pending and outstanding changes.
- What if the manager still has pending edits and approvals to be made? How will head office notify that during the payroll?
The clock entries screen will show unapproved changes. Before you run payroll there is a warning that there are still outstanding changes.
Please note, that certain features relating to California Break Compliance or Break Tracking is exclusive to Super Administrators.
The California Break Compliance and Advanced Break features are currently available on the Premium Subscription.
If you do not have this feature and interested, please feel free to contact Push Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect you with the relevant team.