- How to adjust a salary for one pay period without updating their salary information
- How to pay a salaried employee part of their normal regular pay
- Push Web App
- Click Employees tab
- In the Active Employee List, use the Search box to find the employee
- Click the Pencil to the left of the employee's name under Edit
- Scroll down and click Add/Update Salary
- Click Prorate Salary
- Input the Proration Date, this date can be any date within the pay period you want to pay the employee (i.e. the cut off of the pay period you want to adjust the salary is another option)
- Click Prorate
- Input the Total Hours worked for the prorated salary, for example, 20 hours
- Enter Total dollar Amount to be paid to the employee
- Click Add Prorated Salary
Suppose you update a salaried employee's rate of pay or change an hourly paid employee to a salaried position, and the new rates start date is in the middle of a pay period. In that case, you will need to Prorate the employee's salary.
If a salaried employee is taking actual vacation days, you will have to Prorate the employee's salary in order to avoid overpaying the employee.
If your pay period is June 10th - June 23rd, the employee's salary is paid $45,000 for an entire year. In this pay period, the employee will only work five days. for the biweekly period, which is only forty hours.
$45,000/ 2080 (Yearly Hours) = $21.63 hourly
$21.63 x 40 hours worked in the pay period = $865.38
If you click the Pay Full Salary, you will pay the employee's entire salary.
Please note, that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permissions will be able to Prorate a salary.