- How do I issue an ROE for an employee who isn't separating from the company through termination or a leave
- How do I issue an ROE requested by an employee or Employment Insurance
- How do I issue an ROE due to a change in payroll frequency, a change in my payroll service provider, or a change in business ownership
- Push Web App
- Click the Employees tab
On the left hand navigation bar, click Issue ROE
- Under Search, click the white box and input the name of the employee
- Under Issue ROE, click the Paper icon
- Under Last Date Worked, click the white box and input the appropriate date
- Under Reason For Leaving, click the drop down menu and select one of the Other reasons
- Under Will Employee Return, click the drop down menu and select: Yes
- Under Internal Company Notes, input a comment if necessary
- Once done, select Submit
- Click OK and disregard the warning message: This employee is still active, you will need to manually deactivate them from the employees page
Only terminated/on leave employees will need to go through the Push deactivation process for issuing ROEs. For ROEs that need to be issued for "other" reasons where an employee isn't separating from the company, Push deactivation doesn't need to occur.
The Reason Codes available for Other can be:
- Other: set the last worked date close to the ROE-concerning event
- Other / Change of payroll frequency: set the last worked date as the cut off date of pay period the employee was last part of
- Other / Change of ownership: set the last date worked date as the last date of ownership
- Other / Requested by employment insurance: set the last date worked as the date Employment Insurance made the request
- Other / Canadian Forces - Queen's Regulations/Orders: set the last date worked as the date the Queen's Regulations/Orders request
- Other / At the employee's request: set the last date worked asthe date that the employee asked for the ROE
- Other / Change of service provider: set the last date worked with the previous service provider
If the Reason for Leaving is "Other" or "Other / Canadian Forces - Queen's Regulations/Orders", a Required Comment field will appear. Add an explanation for Service Canada.
We recommend using the reasons for leaving specific to the event. "Other" and "Other / Canadian Forces - Queen's Regulations/Orders" reasons require further comment and will result in further review by Service Canada, whereas the remaining "Other" options can be automatically processed by Service Canada.
The Expected Return Date can be the date immediately following the Last Date Worked.
We will not be able to complete the ROE if there are outstanding hours. The ROE will remain in pending until the hours are processed (i.e. payroll is approved).
It can take up to 5 business days for an ROE to be completed. Once completed, you will be able to review this in ROE History or under Employee History in the Employee Profile. for more information.
If you have issued an ROE and notice that there is information that needs to be adjusted (i.e. SIN or reason code), please contact our ROE Team at email@example.com.
If you have issued an ROE and it has not been completed, our Team may not have ROE Web Access. If you see that the ROE has been completed but there is no icon to download. Please contact our ROE Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note, that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permissions to Run Payroll have access to issue ROEs.
- How To Issue A Record Of Employment (ROE)
- How to Mass Issue ROEs
- How To View A Record Of Employment (ROE) As An Employer