- How To Issue A ROE If Employee Is Sick
- Push Web App
- Go to Employee Tab
- On the left-hand navigation bar, select Issue ROE
- Using the search bar, find the employee that you would like to issue an ROE for
- You will also be able to issue ROEs for both active and inactive employees
- Next, select the icon under the Issue ROE header
- Fill in the last date worked
- For the reason code, please select: Illness or Injury
We do not recommend using Code: Other, if the ROE is being issued for the reasons above. This being that leaving a comment will slow down the ROE process as Service Canada needs to validate and review your comment/other reason.
If you wish to process your employee's ROE faster, we highly suggest leaving the comment section blank. Service Canada can process the ROE automatically if there's no comment on the ROE.
- Next, select if the employee will return. You can either select Unknown or provide a hypothetical date where the employee will return or when you expect your business will reopen. Neither option will affect your employee’s EI application.
- You may also enter any necessary internal company notes
- Once complete, select Submit
- If you initiate an ROE request for an active employee, the system will warn you that the employee is still active. You can get rid of the message by clicking Ok and the ROE request will continue to submission.
Please note: only Super Admins have access to Issue a ROE.
Please make sure you have paid out ALL hours worked prior to submitting an ROE. We will not be able to initiate an ROE if there are outstanding hours.
You do not have to deactivate employees at this time. However, for salary employees, we do recommend setting an end date to their salary if you are still regularly running payroll.
- How To Issue A Record Of Employment (ROE)
- How to Mass Issue ROEs
- How To View A Record Of Employment (ROE) As An Employer