Please note: only companies with POS integrations will be able to set up Profit Centers correctly. Please contact your account manager for further information.
Profit Centers are the foundation for a more customized sales experience.
Profit Centers can be used to:
- Define different sales periods throughout the day
- Compare FOH and BOH against different sales totals (Total Sales vs. Food Sales)
- Customize which elements the sales totals are composed of. These are the Report Codes.
Report Codes are:
- Different types of sales information / categories available
- Defined by the POS and their name and availability may depend on how your restaurant is set up
- Go to Company Settings > Profit Centers (on the left hand navigation bar).
- Click Add New Profit Center.
- Click on the pencil icon in the Edit column to establish a new Profit Center.
- Name the Profit Center according to the restaurant sections you want to compare. Add AM or PM if you are aiming to split by time, to make it easy to distinguish.
- Select a Start and End time you would like this Profit Center to compare sales for.
- If you want to compare against the entire day, leave both the Start and End at 00:00:00.
- If you want to compare against a specific time period, make sure your time periods don't overlap with another Profit Center for the same section.
For example: you wish to compare FOH AM (9AM - 4:30PM) & FOH PM (4:30PM - 3:00AM)
For your FOH AM Profit Center, your start and end times should look like this:
(9:00:00 AM to 16:29:59 PM)
FOH PM would have a start and end time of 16:30:00 - 08:59:59. This will make sure it doesn't overlap with FOH PM, which goes from 4:30PM - 9AM.
- Select which Revenue Centers (restaurant sections) you want to compare in this Profit Center.
Note: We recommend adding all Revenue Centers so you don't miss any sales, unless you specifically want to exclude one.
- Next, select which Company Positions you want to compare.
For example, in this FOH Profit Center, we will select Server, Bartender, Expediter, etc:
- Next, select which Report Codes you want to compare in this Profit Center (Gross Sales, Net Sales, Promos, etc). The simplest example would be to select Total Net Sales:
- Once you've filled in your desired information, select "Save". You should end up with something like this if you have followed the examples above:
If you want to see a more customized and detailed breakdown of the Sales Totals inside of a Profit center, click here for further details.