Due to the nature of PushConnect, changes in the computer's environment such as Windows Updates, or other processes programs can affect its performance. If you are experiencing temporary gaps in sales and other data, you may be experiencing:
- PushConnect is Offline
- PushConnect is Online, But No Data is Syncing
1. PushConnect is Offline:
At all times, you'll be able to see the status of when PushConnect last synced with Push at the top center of the page. If the gap between the current time and PushConnect's last check-in is more than 10 minutes, you'll see a big red banner like this:
This means that PushConnect is unable to contact our servers, and needs to be restarted.
You (or someone at the location) must have access to the POS machine on which PushConnect is installed to troubleshoot:
- Click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Click on All Programs.
- Open the Startup folder. Inside it should be a shortcut to PushConnect.
- Click on PushConnect.exe. On the bottom right, you should see a "P" icon in one of two colors:
Orange: PushConnect requires a Push Operations login, or there is no internet connection.
- Double click on the "P" icon.
- Enter your Push Operations email and password information.
- Click Submit. You should be greeted by a screen much like this one:
- At this point, you can close PushConnect.
Green: PushConnect is online and the Pos page on Push Operations should see a Last Synced in the next minute or so. You can return to the website to send Commands.
- Orange: PushConnect requires a Push Operations login, or there is no internet connection.
2. PushConnect is Online, But No Data Is Syncing:
On rare occasions, you'll see that PushConnect has been checking in with our servers, but either Commands are getting stuck anywhere between 0% and 100% with partial success. The easiest way to troubleshoot this is similar to 1. listed above. You (or someone at the location) must have access to the POS machine.
- On the bottom right of the Task Bar, and you should see PushConnect's trademark Green "P" logo.
Right Click on the icon, and you should see a list of options like this:
- Click on Restart PushConnect. Wait a few seconds for the icon to return to the System Tray.
- Go back to the POS page on Push Operations, and attempt your Command again.
When PushConnect is in the "settings" view, it can't sync. From this screen, you can either click the Save or Cancel button to exit the Settings view depending on what you need.
If you are still encountering issues, please get in touch with the Push Operations team at email@example.com or 1 (800) 449-9756.