- How to perform an employee sick payout in BC
- How to payout an employee for a sick day in British Columbia
- How to pay an employee an average day's pay for a sick day in BC
- An employee requested to be paid for sick time, how do I get Push to calculate this?
- Push Web App
- Click the Payroll tab
- On the left-hand navigation bar, click Earnings/Deductions
- Under Presets, click the drop-down menu and select Sick Payout (may be named differently, per the request of the user)
- Under Frequency, click the drop-down menu, select One Time
- Under Date, click the drop-down menu and select the upcoming or future pay period
- Scroll to the box Employee Information: Earnings/Deductions
- Under Employee, click the drop-down menu and input the name of the employee to search or scroll to select the name of the Employee
- Under Position Details, click the drop-down menu and adjust the Position if applicable
- Under Optional Date, click the box and input the specific date that the employee was sick for
- Based on the date selected, the system will calculate an average day's pay (last 30 days prior to the sick day)
- Once done, click Add Earnings/Deductions to submit the sick payout
With BC Sick Pay Auto-Calculation, you will no longer be required to input any Hours or Amount Values in an Earning and Deduction entry. Our system will automatically calculate the pay that is owed to the employee for the sick time.
For each day an employee is sick, you must create a separate Earning and Deduction entry with the associated Optional Date. This ensures that the correct calculation is used for an average day's pay as this can change if the employee does not work the same amount of hours each shift.
If the employee cannot wait for the next pay period to be paid, you can process an Off run to pay the employee for their sick time.
Note that this is not tied to Leave Management, the system will automatically create the Earning and Deduction entry after the time off request associated with the sick policy is approved.
Please note that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permission to Run Payroll or Create Earning and Deduction Entries for the relevant Sick Payout Preset will be able to complete this process.