Here are the following instructions to view and update your labour budget on the scheduler (see below).
- The forecast labor shown below is derived from the Sales tab where you can allocate the number of shifts you require per day.
- Go to the Sales tab. If you don’t see it, you may not have permission to access it. Please see your manager for access.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will schedule presets which are "standard" shifts you have for each position.
- The Schedule presets are derived from the creating presets (aka standard shifts) in the scheduler. Here’s a link on how to create presets.
Please ensure that when creating presets to allocate a “base cost,” of an average hourly wage for that position.
For example: for Bartender positions, you may have some staff at $15/hr and others at $10/hr. We recommend an average hourly across all your staff.
- In the sales tab’s schedule preset, you can enter the number of staff required per shift. It will auto calculate the Total Cost on the top, based on the shift duration x base cost.
- Once you have allocated all your requirements, the cost becomes your Forecast Labour, displayed on the scheduler, to support managers on ensuring they are scheduling people to the right shifts.
Note: once you start scheduling your employees, for the forecasted sales/hour %, we replace the Forecast labour with Scheduled labour cost by using the employees’ actual pay rate to reflect a more accurate costing. The Scheduled labour cost is used as your Budgeted labour in all reporting.