- How to adjust what Holidays are observed in Push
- How to adjust statutory holiday pay/work pay to be calculated
- Push Web App
- Click the Company name in the top right hand corner
- In the drop down menu, click Company Setup
- On the left hand navigation bar, click Statutory Holidays
- Under Statutory Holiday Calculation Method, click the drop down menu and select either: Automatic or Manual
- Under Province, click the drop down menu and select either All or the relevant Province
- Under Year, click the drop down menu and select the relevant year
- Once done, click Filter
- The page will refresh to update Statutory Holiday Settings Year - (Province)
- Under Observed, check/uncheck the box that corresponds with the specific Holiday
- Once done, click Update Settings
You have the option to Filter the Statutory Holiday Settings by Province to assist you with reviewing that all relevant Stats are checked to be observed. If a Holiday is unchecked to not be observed, Push will not calculate the Statutory Work Pay or Statutory Pay based on the employees worked hours via clock entries.
If you notice that Stat pay is not calculating when running payroll, please check these settings. You will be able to update these settings and re-run your payroll if it hasn't yet been approved.
If the payroll was recently approved and you need to update the Statutory Holiday Settings, please contact Push Support firstname.lastname@example.org to see if the payroll can be unapproved.
If an employees was set to Ineligible for Statutory Holidays accidently, you will need to update their eligibility status under the Employee Profile. Once updated and if the employee qualified, the Statutory Holiday Report will also update to reveal how much Statutory Pay/Statutory Work Pay the employee is entitled toward. You will need to enter in the difference of pay either in an Off Run or in the next pay period.
Please note, that only Super Administrators have access to Statutory Holidays Setting.