This guide will walk you through the process of running your Payroll with Push. From time to time, you may have specific one-time payroll questions in these situations. We recommend contacting Push Support at +1 800-449-9756 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com to add additional earnings/deductions presets.
Please note Push can not advise you on how to calculate your payroll costs or specifics around labour standards. We recommend reaching out to your government agency for support for questions such as these.
Any Super Administrators; or Team Administrators with the run payroll permission can process payroll. To assign the permission, follow the steps in this article.
Audit Clock Approvals Report
The first step in running payroll is ensuring that all of your clocks have been approved and are correct. You can do this by running the Audit Clock Approvals Report. Follow the steps below to generate the report.
- Click Reports at the top of your screen
- From the Report Type dropdown, pick Audit Clock Approvals
- Set the Start Date as the first day of the pay period
- Set the End Date as the cut off date (last day of the pay period)
- Click Generate
When reviewing the report, there are a few things you will want to look for; in the top table.
|Total Clock vs Timesheet Differences||This number should always be zero and will only impact accounts that use both the Clock and Timesheet.||
Total Missed Clock out
|If an employee missed a clock-out, you will need to go and update the clock entry before running your payroll to pay the employee correctly.|
Total Clock Multiples on same day
|This box will have multiple clocks. If your staff are coming back and working numerous shifts on the same day, it is essential to review these entries to ensure they are accurate.||Total Negative Approved Hours||Your account shouldn't have any negative hours. Some accounts accidentally add a -, in the hour's box. This number should always be zero.|
|Total Clock Overlaps on same day||This indicates that a manual entry has been added for an employee that also clocked in. The system will prompt a warning, but this should also be zero before running payroll||
Total Unapproved Hours:
|if you have missed any of the hours for the period, you will be unable to run payroll.|
After reviewing the table at the start of the Audit Clock Approvals Report, we recommend reviewing the remainder of the report to identify which clock entries need to be updated and using this article How to Approve & Adjust Clock Entries to update the clocks.
You will also want to make sure that no one is missing any salary or position information. This will be indicated under the table at the top of the report. If any employees are missing information, you can use the articles below to update that information if this information is not updated, employees will not be paid correctly.
In order to see Salary information, you will need to be granted permission to see that.
Approving Tips (Tip Automation Only)
If you have tip automation as part of your Push package use this article as a guide on how to add the tips from the tip pool to your payroll.
Adding Earnings and Deductions
Before running payroll, if you need to add any additional earnings or deductions, follow the steps below. If you don't need to add any other earnings or deductions to an employee's pay, you can skip ahead to Running Payroll.
For example, other earnings might be paying an employee for using the personal phone for work purposes or giving an employee a bonus. A deduction is anything being deducted like medical benefits or uniform cleaning costs.
How to Add An Earning/Deduction
- Click Payroll at the top of your screen
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Earnings/Deductions
- Next, select the Preset you need to add, for example, Retroactive Pay
- Select the Frequency of the payment; is it a one-time or recurring payment
- In the Employee Information box, click the Select Employee dropdown
- Input the Hours if the amount is calculated based on the employee's rate and click Calculate Amount.
- If it is a lump sum amount, add the total in the Amount box and leave the hours blank
- If you need to add earnings/deductions for additional employees, click Add Row
- Once you have added all your earnings/deductions for all employees, click Submit Earnings/Deductions
Once you have reviewed all of the clocks and added any earnings/deductions, you can run your payroll follow the steps below to complete your payroll.
How To Run Payroll In Push
- Click Payroll at the top of the screen
- From the Payroll Cut Off Date dropdown, pick your payroll cutoff
- Click Run Payroll
- Click View/Approve Payroll (this does not approve your payroll)
- Take the time to review your payroll before approving it; check our tips below on best practices in reviewing payroll.
- Once you are happy with the payroll, click Approve in the top left.
- Review the Hours for each employee to ensure additional hours weren't added
- Review that the Total Payroll Costs look correct.
- Ensure the Payment Method for each employee is correct
if you do not click the Approve button, Push cannot guarantee your employees will be paid by payday. Ensure you see the "Congratulations" message before exiting the payroll screen
Accessing Your Payroll Reports
After you have completed payroll, you can access the payroll reports by clicking Payrun History on the left-hand side of the screen; from here you will be able to access your,