If you received a duplicate employee error message from our system, it means there is an existing account that has the same information as an account you are trying to update.
Please note: If a duplicate account has been used before and has payroll history, we recommend to activate the old account instead of creating a new one.
- In the Pending/Active/Inactive/Leave Employee List find a duplicate employee account.
Click on the Pencil icon on the employee and default the following information:
- Employee Names can be defaulted to letters or put (Do Not Use)
- Email address and phone number can be removed (this avoids employee from being linked to a Push account)
- Birthday can be defaulted to 1970-01-01
- Click on temporary default SIN
- Postal Code are can be defaulted to Company's Postal Code
- Date of Hire can be the date you are updating the account
- Vacation Pay needs to be selected to either Paid Out or Banked
- You will need to select a Group (can be the first one on the list)
- Payment Method will need to be selected (default to Company Issues Cheque)
- Scroll to the bottom to Update Employee
- Once completed, you can delete an account by selecting 'Garbage can' icon.
If you are not able to find a duplicate account, it might mean that account was deleted before, therefore not visible anymore. However, our Support team email@example.com will be able to assist you with putting a deleted account back into the system.