- How to update an employees clock entry for approval
- How to adjust an employees break time
- How to send a request for employees to approve or reject a change to their worked time
- How to update clock entries following California break rules
- Push Web App
- Click the Employees or Scheduler tab
- On the left hand navigation bar, click Clock Approvals
- Input the necessary Filter Fields and click Search
- Under Clocked vs. Scheduled Times, hover over the specific clock entry that corresponds with the employee
- Click the Pencil icon that states Edit Clock Entry
- Under Date, click the white box to adjust the Date if applicable
- Under Clock In Time, click the white box to adjust the time if applicable
- Under Position, click the drop down menu and adjust the Position if applicable
- Under Clock Out Time, click the white box to adjust the time if applicable
- Under Start, click the white box and input/adjust the start time of the break(s) if applicable
- Under End, click the white box and input/adjust the end time of the break(s) if applicable
- Under Manager Reason for changes, click the white box to add an internal note if applicable
- Once done, click Update Clock Entry
- In the Warning pop up, click Close if you require more changes or Submit to send the request of changes to the employee
This is the first step of Change Approvals, as in California it is required that employees agree with changes made to their worked hours. Once you have updated a clock entry, the employee will have the ability to approve or reject these changes at their next clock in.
We recommend filtering your Clock Entries with the new Filter: Change Approval Status. This will assist your team with seeing what clock entries are pending, approved, or rejected.
The employee will have the opportunity to approve or reject the changes made at their next clock in on the Push Time app. The employee will receive a prompt, after they clock in or they can select Later to do so in the future. If they choose to do so later, they will have the option to select Message & Forms in the top right after inputting their clock ID but before submitting clocking in/out.
For every clock entry, the break range where an employee will not be in violation will be outlined in front of each break. If there is a violation, or the information is not correct there will be a flag.
The warning pop up will state the changes that were made (i.e. clock out time or position) and include the break times and if a waiver was signed, a break was taken, or a violation.
The California Break Compliance feature is currently available on the Premium Subscription.
If you do not have this feature and interested, please feel free to contact Push Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect you with the relevant team.