- How to set up notification for when an employee did not go for their break
- How to be notified of when an employee is in violation of a break in California
- Push Web App
- Click the Company Name in the top right hand corner
- In the drop down menu, click Company Setup
- On the left hand Navigation bar, click Alarms
- Under Alarm Type, click the drop down menu and select Employee Break Violation
- Under Position Effected, click Select Positions and choose the specific Position(s) or click Select All
- Under Statuses, click the drop-down menu and select any or either: Warning, Danger, or Violation
- Under Recipients Email List, click the drop-down menu and select the specific Administrators/Emails or click Select All
- Under Recipients SMS List, click the drop-down menu and select the specific Administrators/Phone Number or click Select All
- Once done, click Submit
Break alarms are sent to managers when a violation is about to occur so they can action on it.
The following are part of the setup for Employee Break Violations:
- Positions that need to be warned for
- The statuses to be sent in the alarm: Warning before the break, Danger the break is about to reach a violation, Violation has occurred
- Email and SMS recipients of the alarm
Please note that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permission to Alarms have the ability to setup Alarms.
The California Break Compliance feature is currently available on the Premium Subscription.
If you do not have this feature and interested, please feel free to contact Push Support at email@example.com to connect you with the relevant team.