Two-Factor Authentication adds an important extra layer of security when logging into your Push profile. If your password is compromised you will be able to protect your account.
To set up a 2FA on your Push account, the steps are as follows:
1. Make sure you have a reputable third party authenticator app on your phone. We recommend either Google Authenticator or Authy (download links below):
- Google Play Store: Google Authenticator
- iTunes: Google Authenticator
- Google Play Store: Authy
- iTunes: Authy
2. Login to your Push account and navigate to your profile page.
3. Click on the Two-Factor Security from the left hand navigation column.
4. Click on the Enable button to begin the setup.
5. You will be prompt to enter your password and select "Submit". This would be the password that you have created for your Push account.
6. On the authenticator app that has been downloaded on your personal phone, you will need to scan the unique QR code. Once scanned, a 6 digit code will appear on your device where you will need to enter in the box at the bottom of the screen.
7. After the code has been submitted, the Two-Factor Authentication will appear as enabled.
You will be prompted to enter your 6 digit code verification from your personal device. This check will occur every 15 days from the same browser/device and/or when your Google Chrome browser's history, cookies and cache gets cleared.
8. If you need to disable the 2FA, it can be completed on the same page where it was enabled.
If you are encountering any issues loading either the Authy app or Google Authenticator app, their support website are as follows: