To adjust a vacation balance in the system, you can use the Vacation Balance Adjustment preset in the Earnings and Deductions section.
See the following steps:
- Go to the Payroll tab
- Select Earnings and Deductions on the left-hand navigation bar
- In the Earnings/Deductions screen, select "Vacation Balance Adjustment" as the preset.
- The frequency should be 'One Time' and the date should be the next payrun.
- Next, fill in your Employee information. Select the employee's name and their position
- Enter a NEGATIVE amount if you wish to deduct from the balance amount of the employee. For example: if you wish to take $1000 out of the balance, you will enter -1000.
- Once complete, select Submit Earnings and Deductions.
- Next, we recommend running the payrun that the balance is attached too, to review the new employee's balance.
Alternatively, if you wish to make the adjustment immediately, you can perform this adjustment in an Offrun. Click here for the detailed instructions on how to run an Offrun.