We’ve made it a lot easier for Super Admins to self-serve adding forms. We’ve recently exposed our form builder (previously was only available to Push Admins) to upload your files but now it’s easier to make changes or add new forms on your own!
If you have forms that were built using the old builder (2019 or earlier) these need to be replaced.
- Only Super Administrators will have the ability to upload onboarding forms.
Here are the steps on how to upload your own Onboarding form:
To access our form builder, go to Company Setup.
- Once in Forms you can:
- Edit: Selecting the edit pencil will allow you to edit the name, descriptions, positions and order of the form.
- Inputs: Selecting the input pencil will allow you to edit inputs on forms.
- Delete: Delete the form.
- Add a new form.
Please note: Editing inputs will not affect existing save forms on an employee’s record. Once the file is saved and published to a record you can not retroactively modify it.
Adding a field - will not make a new box that they need to add to or fill.
Removing a field - will not remove an existing field from the employee’s form.
If you are updating a document and need everyone to re-sign, you should upload it as a new form or a copy.
In Onboarding Forms page, go to Edit or select the pencil icon to edit a new form. Remember to add a name and description for the form.
Add the applicable positions that are required to fill the form. To include all positions, leave the positions field blank.
- Next you'll need to add the visibility to a form.
If you choose onboarding this will appear in every invite of the onboarding wizard. If you choose Time attendance app this will appear as a form available on the app or if you choose Task this will appear in the tasks presets as an option to send to employees.
You can "leave blank for all" which means it will appear available in all 3 areas of the system for use.
- Next, you will need to upload your file to map the form fields. The requirements for the file are:
- File Type: Must be PDF
- Max file size: 16MB
- PDF files can include external links.
Please note: Files that have “pre-built” fields in Adobe Acrobat will not be pulled in. You will need to create boxes in the Push editor. The best practice for uploading a file is uploading a flattened PDF. You cannot upload Word documents (.doc, .docx.)
Once you have uploaded the file, you will need to choose the order for the form to appear on the list for employees to sign. Leaving the order blank or “0” will default to the files showing in chronological order.
- Next, check off if it's a required form, this means it will need to be completed in order for an employee to proceed to the next onboarding step or create their account.
- Next, select the status of the form. If you do not require the form to be signed or filled out, you can set the form as "Published".
If you require the form to be filled out or signed, you must leave the form as a draft, as you still need to build the form fields. Once a form's status is published, any employees in the onboarding process will be able to view the form.
- Once you have filled the required fields, click "Add" at the bottom of the table to submit your PDF file. If you get an error, the file may be too big. Please note that the error message will say 2MB but you will be able to upload files up to 16MB.
- If you do not get an error message, you have successfully uploaded an onboarding form! Now, you will need to build the onboarding form and add the form fields. For further instructions, please click here.