When setting up a new employee, you will always need to enter a payment method. If you need to change a payment method or add an additional bank account, the steps are as follows:
- Go to the Employee tab.
- Search for the employee in the Employee List, and select the pencil/edit icon.
- Once the page has loaded, scroll down to "Payment Method"
- Here, you can update the payment method information for the employee.
- In the case where an employee would like their pay split between two bank accounts, you can add an additional bank account and enter in their desired pay distribution.
In the case where you have a one-off situation where you need to issue a cheque before payday or for an offrun, instead of changing the employee's payment method in their employee profile, you can do a one-time edit to their payment method in the pay run summary.
In the pay run summary, you can only edit payment methods for employees with payment methods that are "Push Issues Cheque" or Direct Deposit," and it is a one time edit.
To do so:
- In the pay run summary, search for the employee that you would like to make a change for.
- Under the Payment Method column, click the pencil icon.
- You will now be prompted to confirm your change to their payment method to "Company Issues Cheque"
- Remember that this is a one-time change. If you re-run the pay run, the change will not be saved and you will have to update the payment method again.