- How to add more security to my Push account
- How to enable two factor security in my Push account
- Push Web App
You will need to download a reputable third party authenticator app on your phone. We recommend either of the following two options:
To enable 2FA in your Push account:
- Login to your Push Account on a desktop
- Click the Company name in the top right-hand corner
- In the drop-down menu, click your profile/name
- On the left-hand navigation bar, click Two Factor Security
- Under Two-Factor Authentication is Currently DISABLED, click Enable
- In the line box, enter your password to your Push account and once completed click Submit
- Open the authenticator app, scan the unique QR code from your Push account
- Once scanned, a 6-digit code will appear on your device
- Enter the 6-digit code in the line box of your Push account
- Once completed, click Submit to enable the 2FA
Two-Factor Authentication adds an important extra layer of security when logging into your Push profile. If your password is compromised, you will be able to protect your account.
Once enabled, you will be prompted to enter your 6-digit code verification from your personal device into your Push account after logging in. This check will occur every 15 days from the same browser/device and/or when your Google Chrome browser's history, cookies and cache gets cleared.
If you have locked yourself out of your Push account and 2FA is enabled (i.e. you purchased a new phone and forgot to transfer your Authenticator app information and the code no longer works), please contact Push Support.
If you do not know your login credentials, please contact your employer as Push is not authorized to disclose this information.