- How to add breaks to Push
- How to allow employees to clock out and in for breaks
- How to add a break type
- How to add a break option for my employees
- How to create a break option that adheres to California's rules
- Push Web App
Under Custom Positions, click Edit Positions
- In the pop-up, check/uncheck the box(es) that correspond with the specific Position(s) that will have access to the Break or click Select All
- Once done, click Select Positions
This is the fourth and final step to ensure employees can record their breaks that follow the guidelines set by California.
When an employee is going to record their break, they will have the option to select one of these Break Types. Note that Breaks is only available on the Push Time app.
Employees in California are entitled to a 10-minute paid rest break and a 30-minute meal break on shifts over 5 hours. If they don't want to take this break, they must sign a waiver. If they don't sign the waiver and don't go on a break, employees are entitled to a full hour of pay, also called a Break Violation. For more information about meal and rest break penalties, please consult your jurisdiction's labor guidelines.
Push agents do not set up defaults; we will help you to set to your preferences but since each client can vary in their break setup based on their company's culture. Remember that the system is only as good as the data put into it; we can offer "Best Practices" but not legal advice.
Please note that only Super Administrators can make changes to Break Rules.
The California Break Compliance feature is currently available on the Premium Subscription.
If you do not have this feature and are interested, don't hesitate to get in touch with Push Support at email@example.com to connect you with the relevant team.