To update employee minimum wage the steps are as follows:
- Go to the Employee Tab, select “Show/Hide Salary” (next to Add a New Employee)
- This will show hourly rates of all employees on the last column of the employee list.
- Click the “Salary” heading once to sort the wages numerically from 0-9. You will need to edit the employees with the ranges below:
- min. wage employees getting paid $11.06 – $11.31 will be increased to $11.32.
- min. wage employees getting paid $11.35 – $11.64 will be increased to $11.65.
- To edit multiple wages, right click the edit/pencil icon and open the link in a new tab for all the employees that need to be adjusted. (Click here for a quick clip that will help with the steps below).
- Now you can go to each tab and edit the employees’ wages. Once in the employee’s profile, select "Salary" in the left-hand navigation bar or scroll down to and select the blue “Add/Update Salary” button.
- Once the page has loaded, select the blue “Add a New Rate” button.
*Please note: do not use the edit/pencil icon to add a new rate. This button is only used for adjusting the start and end date of a position, or adjusting errors of the employee's current wage (for example: if an employee's wage was accidentally entered as $100/hr when it's supposed to be $10/hr).
- Under the salary box, add the updated rate, and frequency "Hourly". For the start date, select October 1st 2019.
- Once complete, select Add a New Salary Rate. If the employee has more than one position that needs an adjustment, repeat steps 6-8.
- Once complete, you can now close the tab of the employee’s profile, and go back to the employee information tab for any remaining employees.
- Repeat Steps 4 – 8 until all minimum wage employees have been adjusted.
- As an auditing step, you can run the Employee Information report (check off Salary and filter for Active) and you can review the rates of your employees.