To update employee minimum wage the steps are as follows:
- Go to the Employee Tab, select “Show/Hide Salary” (next to Add a New Employee)
- This will show hourly rates of all employees on the last column of the employee list.
- Click the “Salary” heading once to sort the wages numerically from 0-9. You will need to edit the employees with the ranges below:
- min. wage employees getting paid $13.60 – $14.99 will be increased to $15.
- min. wage employees getting paid $10.96 – $11.05 will be increased to $11.06.
- min. wage employees getting paid $11.15 – $11.34 will be increased to $11.35.
- To edit multiple wages, right click the edit/pencil icon and open the link in a new tab for all the employees that need to be adjusted. (Click here for a quick clip that will help with the steps below).
- Now you can go to each tab and edit the employees’ wages. Once in the employee’s profile, select "Salary" in the left hand navigation bar or scroll down to and select the blue “Add/Update Salary” button.
- Once the page has loaded, select the blue “Add a New Rate” button.
*Please note: do not use the edit/pencil icon to add a new rate. This button is only used for adjusting the start and end date of a position, or adjusting errors of the employee's current wage (for example: if an employee's wage was accidentally entered as $100/hr when it's supposed to be $10/hr).
- Under the salary box, add the updated rate, and frequency "Hourly". For the start date, select October 1st 2018.
- Once complete, select Add a New Salary Rate. If the employee has more than one position that needs an adjustment, repeat steps 6-8.
- Once complete, you can now close the tab of the employee’s profile, and go back to the employee information tab for any remaining employees.
- Repeat Steps 4 – 8 until all minimum wage employees have been adjusted.
- As a auditing step, you can run the Employee Information report (check off Salary and filter for Active) and you can review the rates of your employees.