Does you iPad screen show "Disabled, Connect to iTunes?"
At this point, your iPad has shut down completely and you cannot make any more attempts to enter the passcode. In order to resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure the iPad battery is charged above 20% (we would recommend at least 40-50%).
*If you are unsure, charge your tablet for at least 30-40 minutes.*
- Next, ensure that you have Apple's iTunes downloaded on your computer. If you do not have iTunes downloaded, click here. At the time, make sure that you do not have it open.
- Before plugging in your iPad, make sure that:
- Your MAC/PC should be awake and its screen saver should be turned off.
- You do not have any other windows open to prevent interference with iTunes.
- The USB cable is plugged into your MAC/PC but not connected to the iPad yet.
- Before plugging your iPad into your computer, take your iPad and simultaneously press and hold down the power button (found on the top right of the iPad) and the Home button (circle button on the bottom of the device) until you are prompt with the "Slide to Power Off" screen.
Do not let go of the buttons and continue to keep holding power and Home buttons until the iPad powers off automatically and completely.
- Once the iPad is off, release the power button but continue to hold the Home button.
- While pressing the Home button, connect the USB data cable to the iPad. Once the iPad has been connected to your computer via the USB cable, the iPad should power on and prompt a message on your MAC/PC screen saying that iTunes has detected an iPad in Recovery Mode.
- After you have received this message, release the Home button and press OK on the iTunes pop-up to confirm the restore option.
- Do not touch the iPad or your MAC/PC while iTunes downloads and installs the new copy of firmware. You will be notified by iTunes when the iPad is successfully restored.
*You may receive a message saying that the iPad is not recognized. Don't panic.This is due to all user contents (including activation status on the iPad) has been erased during restoration.
- Once you've been notified by iTunes that the iPad is successfully restored, disconnect the iPad from iTunes.
- Next, turn the device off and then back on by holding the power button (found on the top right of the iPad), and let go once the Apple logo appears.
- Your iPad is now set-up ready. Press the Home button during the “Hello” screen.
- Next, select the Language and the Country.
- Select your desired WiFi network, enter the password and tap "Join".
- In the location services, disable this feature and then click "OK".
- Touch ID can be setup at a later time. You may skip this step.
- Creating a Passcode is optional and can also be completed at a later time. We highly recommend choosing a passcode that will be easily remembered. If our support team does not assist you with the passcode setup, you may have to restore the iPad again if it is forgotten.
- For a 4 digit passcode, tap “Passcode Options”. If you are using a tablet purchased from Push, you may also choose to use the default passcode previously provided for guided access.
- Next is, Apps & Data. Select "Set Up as New iPad".
- On the following screen, it will ask you to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Once at the username /password section, please contact our support team for further assistance via phone at (604) 375 7599 or toll free at 1 (800) 449 9756