To update employee minimum wage the steps are as follows:
- Go to the Employee Tab, select “Show/Hide Salary” (next to Add a New Employee)
- This will show hourly rates of all employees on the last column of the employee list.
- Click the “Salary” heading to sort the wages numerically from 0-9.
You will have two make adjustments
- employees who serve liquor getting paid $11.40 - $12.70.
- min. wage employees getting paid $12.65 - $13.85.
- To edit multiple wages, right click the edit/pencil icon and open the link in a new tab for all the employees that need to be adjusted. (Click here for a quick clip that will aid in walking you the steps below. Please note that the video is from last year's increase.)
- Now you can go to each tab and edit the employees’ wages. Once in the employee’s profile, select "Salary" in the left hand navigation bar or scroll down to and select the blue “Add/Update Salary” button.
- Once the page has loaded, select the blue “Add a New Rate” button.
*Please note: do not use the edit/pencil icon to add a new rate. This button is only used for adjusting the start and end date of a position, or adjusting errors of the employee's current wage (for example: if an employee's wage was accidentally entered as $100/hr when it's supposed to be $10/hr).
- Under the salary box, add the updated rate, and make sure that the frequency is "Hourly". For the start date, select June 1st 2019
- Once complete, select Add a New Salary Rate. If the employee has more than one position that needs an adjustment, repeat steps 6-8.
- Once complete, you can now close the tab of the employee’s profile, and go back to the employee information tab for any remaining employees.
- Repeat Steps 4 – 8 until all minimum wage employees have been adjusted.
- As a auditing step, you can run the Employee Information report (check off Salary and filter for Active) and you can review the rates of your employees. *Please note that the image below is from last year's increase)