To set up a contractor in Push, the steps are as follows:
To add a new employee, the steps are as follows:
- Go to the Employee tab.
- Search for the employee in the Employee List, and select the pencil/edit icon.
- Now you will need to fill in the necessary information.
- You will need to fill out the contractor employee's information:
- First and Last Name
- Email/Username (This is what the employee will use to login, and receive notifications).
- Birthday (YYYY-MM-DD) Please note: if the employee is under 18 and exempt from CPP, there will be a pop-up to warn you to check off the "Exempt from CPP" box manually at the bottom of the page.
- SIN / SSN (If you have not received the employees SIN/SSN, you may enter a temporary default SIN)
- You may enter this information at a later date.
- Date of Hire (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Vacation Pay (Method of Payment)
- Vacation Amount
- Statutory Holiday Eligiblity
Push Payroll Employee Login
- You may assign a Clock ID at a later date, but we suggest assigning a password for the employee.
- They can reset their password once they've logged in.
- You must assign an employee a group. These are used for administrative purposes.
- If you have not already, click here for steps on how to create groups.
- Cost Centers are used for payroll reports.You may assign a cost center at a later date. You may also leave this blank, and sort your reports by Position Cost Centers instead.
- You have 3 options for payment methods:
- Direct Deposit
- Push Issues Cheque
- or Company Issues Cheque
- Here, you will set the Employment Status to Contractor.
- Once complete, select the green "Add Employee" button.
- You will now need to assign the employee a position.
- Fill in the necessary information (Salary Rate, Frequency, Start Date, Hours in Hourly Period if applicable).
- Once complete, select the green "Add New Position" button
- You've now successfully added a new employee!