To mass upload Earnings and Deduction entries (like tips, bonuses, etc), you can download the E/D uploader and mass upload a CSV file into Push.
To do so:
- Go to the Run Payroll tab
- On the left hand navigation bar, select "E/D Uploader"
- In the Actions drop-down menu, select "Create Earnings Deductions Excel"
- Once the page has loaded, you will now see different required fields that need to be filled out.
- Select the desired payrun for the earnings/deductions upload.
- Select the earnings or deductions that you would like to mass upload (regular pay, bonuses, tips, etc)
- Next, you can choose to auto-fill the fields for your mass upload CSV by choosing a Department. For example: if you choose a FOH department, all the positions and employees assigned to the FOH department will auto-populate. If you leave the Department field empty, all departments will show.
- You can also create a CSV by filtering by position. For example: If you choose a Server position, all servers will show in the Employees field. You can also exclude positions if you wish to only see an employee on the CSV once.
- You may also choose to select individual employees or leave this blank for all employees to populate on the CSV.
- Once you've filled out the required fields, select submit. You will be prompted with a message, select "Yes, do it!"
- The file will then download onto your computer.
- Go to your Download Folder, and open the file.
- Once opened, it should look something like this*:
*The screenshot of the file above includes tips for all employees
- Enter your desired hours and pay in the appropriate columns for each employee.
Some things to take into account:
- Please do not change the format of the csv
- Please only add numbers into the cells (no symbols like $)
- You may only add numbers with two decimal places (like 22.22).
- There will be a row for each position (unless you have checked off "Exclude Positions")
If an employee has two positions, they will show up twice. If you are adding regular pay, based on a salary rate, please be cautious.
- If you wish to auto-calculate pay based on the employee's salary rate, you can fill in the hours column, and leave the amount column empty.
Ross is a server ($10/hour) and host($11/hour). You want to pay him 8 hours of regular pay, worked as a server. In this case, you will leave his host row blank, and fill in his server row with 8 hours and leave the amount column blank.
The system will auto-calculate his pay based on the amount of hours you've entered x his rate.
- Once complete, save your changes by pressing ctrl + s (command + s on Macbooks) or File -> Save.
You may be prompted with a message to save your data as a .csv, please select "Yes"
- You will now need to re-upload your file.
- Go back to E/D Uploader (steps 1-2), and under Actions, select "Upload Earnings Deductions Excel"
- Select the file where you have inputted the data and once selected, click Submit.
- Make sure you've reviewed and double-checked your entries, as the entries you have uploaded cannot be reversed unless manually deleted.
- You will be prompted with an "Are You Sure" message and once you are certain, select "Yes"
- Your entries will now be found in the Earnings and Deductions page. You can edit and delete your entries there, if necessary.