To mass upload Earnings and Deduction entries (like tips, bonuses, etc), you can download the E/D uploader and mass upload a CSV file into Push.
To do so:
- Go to the Run Payroll tab
- On the left hand navigation bar, select "E/D Uploader"
- In the Actions drop-down menu, select "Create Earnings Deductions Excel"
- Select the desired payrun for the entries.
- Once the page has loaded, you may filter the presets for the csv file to the desired presets (regular pay, bonuses, tips, etc), departments, positions, and employees
- Once you've filled out the required fields, select submit. You will be prompted with a message, select "Yes, do it!"
- The file will then download onto your computer.
- Go to your Download Folder, drag the file onto your desktop for easy access, and open the file.
- Once opened, it should look something like this*:
*The screenshot of the file above includes tips for all employees
- Enter your desired hours and pay in the appropriate columns for each employee.
Some things to take into account:
- Please do not change the format of the csv
- Please only add numbers into the cells (no symbols like $)
- You may only add numbers with two decimal places (like 22.22).
- There will be a row for each position.
If an employee has two positions, they will show up twice. If you are adding regular pay, based on a salary rate, please be cautious.
- If you wish to auto-calculate pay based on the employee's salary rate, you can fill in the hours column, and leave the amount column empty.
Ross is a server ($10/hour) and host($11/hour). You want to pay him 8 hours of regular pay, worked as a server. In this case, you will leave his host row blank, and fill in his server row with 8 hours and leave the amount column blank.
The system will auto calculate his pay based on the amount of hours you've entered x his rate.
- Once complete, save your changes by pressing ctrl + s (command + s on Macbooks) or File -> Save.
You may be prompted with this message to save your data as a .csv, please select "Yes"
- You will now need to re-upload your file.
- Go back to E/D Uploader, and under Actions, select "Upload Earnings Deductions Excel"
- Select the file where you have inputted the data (if you have moved it to your desktop, it will be easier to find).
- Once selected, click Submit.
- Make sure you've reviewed your entries, as you'll be prompted with an "Are You Sure" message.
- Once you are certain, select "Yes"
- Your entries will now be found in the Earnings and Deductions page. You can edit and delete your entries there, if necessary.