- I want to activate a new employee in my Push account. Is there anything I should ensure is set up before doing so?
- Push Web App
Based on the information that is inputted by an employee during digital onboarding, the system will prefill this into the corresponding Employee Profile.
The best practice is that an Administrator reviews the following information to ensure that this doesn't impact reporting, payroll information, payroll tax calculation, and more:
- SIN/SSN: An employee's SIN/SSN should not be inputted with a default (i.e. 999 999 998). This will impact the employee from being able to file their taxes at the end of the year as their T4/W-2 will not have a valid SIN/SSN.
- Vacation Amount: An employee's vacation should not be set to 0 unless they are assigned to a Vacation Policy in Leave Management. If left to 0, you will be required to manually calculate the Vacation that the employee is owed based on their earnings with the business.
- Salary and Position: An employee's Position and Salary should be reviewed, as this can impact payroll information. This is especially important for employees who are applying for PR in Canada (Permanent Residency). If the incorrect pay rate or position is on their pay stub, this can impact their application.
- US EEO Reporting (USA only): For certain US States, it is required that an employee's Gender, Ethnicity, and Job Category is assigned and reported on. The government mandates this, and it is not optional. It is very important that this information is assigned in employee profiles prior to activation.
- Payment Method: An employee's payment method should be reviewed, as this can impact them receiving their earnings. This is especially important for employees who input Direct Deposit information. We recommend reviewing the Void Cheque that was uploaded under Upload Files to ensure the information matches. If the Direct Deposit information is incorrect, the employee will not receive their funds on the set payday, and it can take up to 5 business days for Push to receive a Rejected Payment. Note if the Direct Deposit information is associated with a real account, it is not a guarantee the funds can be retrieved.
- Tax Information (Canada): An employee's tax information will be prefilled based on what was inputted in their forms (i.e. TD1). It is very important that this information is reviewed as this will determine how the employee is taxed. If the Tax Information is incorrect (i.e. employee inputted 0), the employee may owe taxes when they file their T4/.
- Tax Information (USA): An employee's Employment Status must be assigned by an Administrator, as an employee does not have access to make changes. If this information is not assigned, this can impact how they are taxed and the information reported.
- Setup Taxes (USA only): An employee's Federal Tax Information will be prefilled based on what was inputted in their forms. However, the State Tax Information must be inputted by an Administrator, as the system does not prefill. It is very important that this information is reviewed as this will determine how the employee is taxed. If the Tax Information is incorrect or left blank (i.e. Supplemental Income), the employee may owe taxes when they file their W-2, or you will receive a penalty for not correctly reporting on taxes.
We recommend enabling Admin Review Status under Onboarding Settings to ensure that profiles are not activated before an employee completes digital onboarding.
Please note that only Super Administrators and Team Administrators with permission to Update Employee Information, View Employee Information, and View Employee List will be able to access the Pending Employee Profile.