- How to keep an Employee's tax Information assigned to the correct State
- How to ensure that an employee is getting taxed correctly (USA)
- Push Web App
- Click the Employees tab
- On the left hand navigation bar, select the appropriate Employee List: Active, Pending, OnLeave, or Inactive
- Under Search, input the name of the employee
- Under Edit, click the Pencil icon that corresponds with the specific employee
- Under Home Payroll Location, click the drop-down menu and select the specific Location
- Scroll to Tax Information, click Setup Taxes
- Under State, click the drop-down menu and select the specific State that corresponds with the Location selected under Home Payroll Location
- Once done, click Submit
- Once completed, click Update Employee
Please do not switch the payroll home location if the employee already has an approved payrun.
The ability to assign a Home Payroll Location to employees in one Push account is only available for Push accounts that have layered locations.
In the USA, it is common for employees to work and be paid at different locations, either within the same state or across different states.
The Home Payroll Location functionality is to assist clients who have employees who work at their business but are being paid at different locations/states.
Please note, only Super Administrators and Team Administrators who have the permission to update Employee Setup: Employee Cost Center based on Groups can modify the Home Payroll Location in an Employee Profile.