If you have missed an employee pay, accidentally deactivated an employee before their last pay cheque or wish to pay a bonus on a separate run, you will need to run an offrun. You can run offruns for active or inactive employees.
Click here for quick video on how to run an offrun, with detailed steps below:
If needed, you may also use our Inline Manual tool (the blue button found on the right hand side of the screen) to walk you through step-by-step the Offrun process).
- Select the Run Payroll tab at the top of your screen.
- Click ‘Run Off-Run’ on the left hand navigation bar.
- Select the green ‘Add a New Off-Run,’ at the top of the screen.
- For the period start date and end date, select any date that is not part of a completed run, and is not a cutoff or pay date.
- For the pay date, select any date that is not the cutoff or pay date.
- On the employee list, select the employee's name.
Please note: you may run offruns for active or inactive employees, and you may add multiple employees to the same offrun.
- Once done, click the ‘Add Off Run‘ button at the bottom of the page.
- The page will refresh and you may now enter earnings/deductions to be paid through the off-run. To do so, select the ‘dollar sign’ icon next to your name, NOT the left hand navigation bar.
- In the Earnings/Deductions screen, select your desired preset, the frequency will auto-populate to 'One Time' and the date will be previously selected. Use this as an indicator that you are in fact on the "Run Off-Run" screen.
- Fill in your Employee information. Input the amount you would like to pay the employee. If you choose to pay an hourly amount, please remember to select "Calculate Amount."
Please note: you are able to add different presets to the same offrun. For example, you can pay an employee their vacation payout and give them a bonus on the same offrun.
- Once complete, Submit Earning/Deductions" once complete.
- Once you have entered all Earnings/Deductions, go back into the ‘Run Off-Run’ screen on the left hand navigation bar (yellow) and click the triangular play button (red). This will process the run for review.
- Once you've reviewed your run, and you can go ahead and approve the Off Run. If you need to make adjustments, delete the run and repeat steps 7-12.