Here’s how to use your phone to perform a shift swap with another staff member via Push Operations’ mobile app .
- Select “My Schedule” under the drop down menu
- Select the shift with an arrow (>). The only shifts that you can shift swap are the ones with an arrow. Shifts that have passed or have a company restricted time limit on when shift swaps are allowed, will not have an arrow.
- Select the person and shift you want to switch with. Click “Swap Shift” at the bottom.
- A confirmation message will pop up. Select “Confirm Swap.”
- At this point, the swap is pending on the other employee to “Accept the Swap”
- After the receiving employee has accepted the swap, the next step will be waiting for the manager’s approval. NOTE: At any given time, either the person who initiated the shift swap or the receiver can cancel the swap – even if it’s pending manager approval.
Once the manager has approved the swap, you will receive a text message (if you have turned on your notifications).
7. Once your swap is approved, when you refresh your schedule, the shift swap is now updated.
Please note: you are only able to swap shifts that are not overlapping with your existing shifts and within the same position(s).