Here are the steps to adjust clock hours:
- Select the “Employees” tab.
- Select “Clock Approvals” on the left hand navigation bar.
- You can filter clock approvals using a wide variety of search parameters. If you're approving hours for an upcoming run, you can review pending approvals based on the payroll cut off dates.
- Unapproved hours (marked with an orange dot) will be flagged and will display a comparison of the clocked hours and the scheduled time (if available).
- To adjust an employee's clock times, you have two options:
- you can quick edit the clock entry on the same screen by hovering over the clock times and selecting the arrow button
- you can edit the entire entry by hovering your mouse over the clocked times, and selecting the Pencil (Edit) icon.
This will take you to the clock history of the clock in and out times of the employee. If an employee has clocked in as the wrong position, or accidentally clocked out on their break, you can make the adjustments here.
For states that has meal breaks, your clock edit screen will look slightly different.
For break range it's a recommendation on when the break "should" have been given as a guideline. You have the option to update an existing break or add to a break. Any edits for employee clock edits will have the staff to sign off during their next clock in.
- Once you’ve entered in the correct information, select ” Update Clock Entry.” There is also a history log to keep track of your actions.
- For adjust unapproved hours, you can choose to use these icons below
– Clock Times: this icon automatically fills in the hours with the employee’s clock in time.
– *Schedule Times: this icon automatically fills in the hours with the scheduled times.
– *Schedule In / Clock Out: this icon fills in the start with with the scheduled time, and the end time with the employee’s clock out time.
*Please note that these icons only apply to those who have scheduling software in place.
- You may also choose to manually enter in the hours as well.
- Select “Save” to confirm your changes.
Please note: you will not be able to approve hours if you have an open run (pending approval) or you've run and approved your payrun.