What is an administrator?
An administrator (or administrators) are team members who are able to access your business account with Push. There are two types of administrators: Super Admins and Team Admins.
In short, Super admins have full access to the software. Team Admins are custom permissions based on departments and positions.
After our demo session, here’s a refresher on how to add admins:
*Please note: once an administrator has been added to your account, Push cannot make any changes to Administrator permissions.
- After logging in, select your user button at the top right corner to bring a drop-down menu.
- Select “Company Setup”.
- On the left navigation bar, select “Administrators”. The first thing you’ll see are the current administrators and their capabilities.
- To add a new administrator, select “Add a new Administrator”.
- Add the new administrator’s first and last name as well as their phone number, if they wish to receive SMS notifications from the scheduler (in regards to shift changes/releases).
- Next, you’ll need to checkmark the box 'Send/Welcome Email' which will allow Push to send an automated email to assist with the password reset within 48hrs. Alternatively, the individual can go onto our login page and click on the 'Forgot your password?' link. Please note, if an employee is already a team admin for another location you are not required to checkmark the box 'Send Welcome Email' as the admin to the current account will automatically be added to the team admin's login/access.
- You’ll then have to select which type of administrator you’d like this user to be. Again, there are two options for administrators. Super admins have full access to the software.Team Admins have custom permissions based on departments and positions set by the Super Admin.
If you select Super Admin, you may proceed to the bottom and select “Add Administrator” to save the changes.
If you select Team Admin, you may now to proceed to check off the boxes of Administrative Rights and Privileges that you would like to give access to.
- For Administrator Settings:
Running Payroll: This allows the admin the ability to run payroll, view invoices, as well as access to earnings and deductions.
Setup Company Positions: This is the ability to create brand new positions. For example: someone has already added a manager position, but not an assistant manager position. Only with granted access, an admin can freely add the assistant manager position.
Use Logbook: This is the ability to view the logbook. They will be able to access the basic functionalities of the logbook like add comments.
Create Team Admins: This is the ability to create Team Administrators. They will only be able to create Team Admins based on their own permissions. For example: If they do not have permissions to update a bartender's schedule, they will not be able to grant that permission to the admin they are setting up.
- In the next section, you’ll see a list of Position (red) names listed on the left side. Here you’ll have the opportunity to grant access to the following:
- selection of employee positions to view/update the scheduler, view/update salaries, approve clock approvals, and deactivate employees
Under Schedules (pink) and Salary (yellow), you may grant access to viewing or updating the schedule or the employee’s salary, depending on the position.
For example: A FOH manager may have access to view and update all FOH staff’s schedule and salary, but you want them to also view a chef’s schedule as well. To do so, simply check off view, and leave update blank. This will only give the FOH manager the ability to view the chef’s schedule.
- Employee Set Up:This gives the admin the ability to set up a new employee. Again, you may grant access to view or update employee information like employee address, date of hire, etc.Whichever selections you choose, will affect all the other positions following this section.
- Update and View Employee Information sections , the admin will be able to update/view employees based on the criteria you’ve selected above.
- For the View Employee List, you may select to which positions to view, meaning, this information will be displayed on the first page of the employee tab.
- Under Revenue Centres, the admin will be granted access to the Sales tab. They’ll have the ability to enter forecasted and actual sales.
- Under Report Viewing Permissions, you may select which reports you would like grant the admin access too. When granting permissions, for the reports in blue text, you must click the report to give further permissions.
- Once completed, select Update Administrator