Here is how to navigate the Scheduler:
- Select the “Scheduler” tab. The main page will be your scheduler view.
- At the top of the schedule, you’ll see the weather for the week, and events (orange) like festivals and sports games may be added for you to schedule accordingly.
Under that, you will see house shifts, which are essentially open shifts.
Understanding the symbols within the cell:
- If an employee is available to work, it will be displayed with a time frame in green.
- If an employee is unavailable to work, it will be displayed as "Unavailable" in red.
- If a shift conflicts with an employee's availability, you will see a warning icon (highlighted in yellow).
- The black bar will vary from Pending Approval, Missed Clock and Still Working.
- Once management has approved the employee's clock entry, it will be displayed in black as "Approved" (with the approved hours beside).
- Based on employee's time off requests, there will be a grey bar visible that will vary from "Pending Away" and "Away."
You can also view different variations of the schedule: Employees, Employees Unique, Positions or Daily, by selecting the respective tabs. There is also a calendar in the bottom left hand corner that you may toggle as well.
- The “Filter” section on the top right corner allows you to show and hide various features on the scheduler. You will be able to toggle back and forth depending on which filters you would like to see.
- Everything in the background of the scheduler can be filtered. You may choose to search and filter by revenue centres, departments, and positions, or you may leave them blank to view all. The filters are a great way to filter out the background, and you’ll be able to see only what you wish to see.
- When you are adding shifts and working on the scheduler, it is in ‘draft’ mode. This means that nothing on the schedule is viewable by employees. Once you are ready to publish the schedule, go to the “Options” dropdown menu, and select “Published Schedule.” This will make the schedule public.
- You can also copy, email, print, export, or clear your schedule under the “Options” menu.