Schedule pre-sets are an excellent way to help expedite your process. If you have standard shifts that are consistent for a position, you can set them up once and use them during scheduling.
Do you have to set an end time for a shift? Yes – for budgeting reasons Push requires an end time; however you have an option to hide end times when communication with the staff. If your shift is until “close” I would set a later end time such as 3am to accommodate closing shifts.
Below is a video on how to create a schedule preset and further down you’ll find detailed instructions on how to create and use schedule presets:
- Select the ‘Scheduler’ tab.
- Select ‘Schedule Presets’ on the left hand navigation bar.
- Select the ‘Add Schedule Preset’ button.
- You can now enter in the schedule preset details. Select “Add Preset” to save your changes.
*Please note that you may choose multiple positions for the same preset. For example: if you have a server and bartender that both work the “training shift” from 9am to 5pm, then you may add both positions to the preset.
- Once you've created a preset, learn how to use it here.