Here is a short video on how to perform a vacation payout with detailed steps below:
- Select the “Run Payroll” tab.
- Select “Earnings/Deductions” on the left hand navigation bar.
- Under the “Preset” dropdown menu, select “Vacation Payout" for employees who are going on vacation, or "Vacation Payout Termination" if an employee is leaving the company.
- Under the “Frequency” dropdown menu, select “One Time.”
- For the date, select the upcoming payroll run.
- Next, select the name of the employee.
– Anytime you put a negative sign on an earning preset, you are decreasing that amount from their earnings. If you put a negative sign on a deduction preset you are giving back an amount.– Anytime your number is positive on an earning preset, you are increasing their earning. If your number is positive on a deduction preset then you are deducting that amount from the employee.
Once you select the employee, the “Vacation Balance” field will auto-populate with their vacation balance.
– You now have two options:
Pay All: will pay out the vacation balance displayed as well as the vacation earned during the pay period the payout will apply to.
Pay Specified: will pay out whatever amount you specify in the “Amount” field.
- If you have other employees to add, select Add Row.
- Once complete, select “Add Earnings/Deductions” to submit the vacation payout.