Warning: Do not deactivate employees who have not been paid their last pay cheque. If they get removed, they will not paid in the corresponding regular payroll. Once an employee has been paid their last cheque, you can then deactivate them.
To deactivate an employee, the steps are as follows:
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click on the garbage can icon next to the name of the employee you are deactivating.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure you want to deactivate the employee. Select “Yes”.
- You will be prompted for a termination date and an option to transfer remaining shifts to house shifts.
When terminating an employee, there will be no changes to the current week’s schedule, even if the termination date is in the middle of the week.
Therefore, you can select the box to transfer the employee’s remaining shifts to house shifts or you can drag and drop the remaining shifts of the current week to other employees.
If you do not choose to transfer the remaining shifts of the upcoming weeks to house shifts, the employee's scheduled shifts will be deleted.
- Once you have selected the date and whether shifts are to be transferred, select “Submit” to complete the deactivation. This will automatically take you to the Inactive Employee list.
- When deactivated, the employee will appear in the Inactive Employees list on the left hand navigation of the Employees tab. You will still be able to access their account.
Please note: The option to deactivate is dependent on your admin permissions. For further access, you will need to contact your Super Administrator.